Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Trigger Critical Social Work

Here you find my trigger for the course Critical Social Work.

I give some questions realted to this trigger. Students are suposed to reflect on what they see and compare the issue 'human rights' between the different countries, including the how it is related to social work.

What do you see and hear in this video presentation?
What do you know about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
Do you think this is important for social workers? Why? Why not?
Can you discribe situations, problems or discussions concerning human rights in your country?
Do you know any of the persons on the last slide? Are there persons in your country known as activists for human rights?
Can these persons or human rights in general, inspire you
as a futur social worker? In which way?

After seen the screen lecture of Anne Karin, one of the things I miss the most in working on this trigger is the input of other countries. I found it difficult to have an idea how the issue 'human rights' is being emphasized in your courses. So any input is certainly welcome

1 comment:

  1. Dear Wim
    You will find my comments to your trigger in the theme discussion in our e-ped course.
    I think that the question you ask in the end here " how the issue "human rights" is being emphasized in your courses" could be a question you give to your future students.

    I'm not sure what answer you want from me on this? Is it how we work with human rights in our sw studies at HiB or in VirClass?
    Anne Karin

    ReplyDelete