Sunday, May 24, 2009

Up to our own course

This week I had to deal two important aspects of the course.

First I had to make some adjustments on the curriculum plan. The Vitero session was for me very important. The input I got was so good, that suddenly it became very clear to me how I should go on. Before this, I struggled with some ideas, but I couldn’t match this ideas into a whole. Especially because I want to make this course as a real community of learning. The more I am into this e-pedagogy course, the more I am impressed about the way you have thought about this en put all this theories in practice. I am really enthusiastic about this.
Last week we had a meeting. I am part of this meeting, because I am responsable for a part of our curriculum. Jan Agten asked me to do a proposition to make it possible to have some students in VIRCAMP next year. It is not easy in our curriculum to plan 15 ECTS. But, because I am very enthusiastic about the experiences I had until now, I could convince everyone of the importance to have some students into the project. This had been more difficult when I had to do this, without the experiences and the readings I had because I am in this course now.

The rest of the week I read a lot about critical reflection. It is very interesting material. Critical reflection, as a basis competence, before any action whatever on social change, is an interesting starting point for my course. And the exercices in the book of Jan Fook are very easy to integrate in my e-course.

Meanwhile, I keep thinking about a good trigger. I know already that I want to do something about human rights and I have some ideas. But first I want to read and look t the material in our course, to work this out in a good way.

Here you find also a link to my curriculum plan.

2 comments:

  1. dear wim,

    it is the same for me - I am more and more impressed by the possibilities of this e-learning-environment, and I also try to add things to my courses in mannheim. There are three of us now in mannheim who are really interested in virclass and e-learning, so I am pretty confident that we will manage to use all these tools and get more and more involved into it.

    I tried your link to your curriculum plan, but it didn´t work for me. Did you publish it as a webpage?

    bye and best regards,

    alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wim
    Well I am so glad you found the Vitero-session useful for your further work with the Curriculum-plan! – (and I am very pleased that you like the way we have tried to do make our course a kind of “hands-on” training linking theories and practice. As I wrote to Alexander last week,- it is not always that the students can see and understand the teachers well planned intentions… :))!

    I also like that you find your participation in our course valuable for your ordinary work in Kempen KH. And I think is fine that you are a enthusiastic VIRCLASS/ SW-VirCamp supporter that will help to get this European collaboration incorporated in your own BA- That’s very good!
    But I also think that your new awareness of the pedagogical “trick” we can use is very important for you further work both as and F2F teacher and as an e-pedagog.
    I am sure you knew about thing that the importance s reflections etc before, but this way of thinking how to use it in a “virtual setting” as well as take your time to read pedagogical literature (and yourself reflects upon what you learn and experience doing this) is a good thing for developing you own competencies!
    Well; I will not at all give commentaries on your CP yet; but wait for your peers to do their work… :). But as Alexander comments here in your blog; I too had problem with finding your CP by following the link in your blog. But I found it with no problem in your e-Portfolio,(logged on the “hib/itslearning com” and following the url to your Portfolio)!
    At last I will just make you aware that I answered some important questions Alexander raised about “net-etiquette” and how to use stuff from Internet in your own courses in his Blog eralier today. I think this can be helpful for all of you…?
    Good luck with your search for a good trigger for your course!
    Bests; Grete Oline

    ReplyDelete